3D Interactive Tooth Atlas v6.6 Installation Guide
!!! Tooth Atlas Version 6.6 is no longer supported !!!
Please update to the Tooth Atlas Version 7 for updated support.
If you must use Tooth Atlas Version 6.6 :
You may choose to follow the below instructions at your own risk.
Please read prior to installation to minimize technical support issues from occurring.
1) Verify that your computer meets the minimum requirements, including:
1 GB of RAM
1024x768 screen resolution, with 32 bits of color
Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion), or 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
Windows XP is compatible with Internet Explorer 6, 7, 8. Or 9
Windows Vista, 7, 8 and Mac OS X are compatible with Mozilla Firefox web browser (v16+)
1) If you have any version of Java other than version 6 update 43, please uninstall it from your system.
http://www.ehuman.com/files/jre-6u43-windows-i586.exe to download Java Version 6u43. Install Java, following the prompts and restart your web browser.
4) Insert your disc and run the Atlas' installer.
5) Windows 7 & 8 users: Please download and run the Windows Firefox Tooth Atlas patch found on http://www.ehuman.com/tafirefox
6) Open the Atlas (you'll find it in Start Menu --> All Programs --> eHuman, or, if you chose the
option during installation, on your desktop)
8) Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Due to recent updates from Apple / Java, eHuman can no longer support Tooth Atlas version 6.6 software on Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) [released 8/2009]. Tooth Atlas v6.6 users experiencing issues must upgrade to Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) or 10.8 (Mountain Lion).
If your Tooth Atlas software already works correctly, do not update Java and continue to use your Tooth Atlas Software
Mac OS X 10.7 and 10.8 users who are installing Tooth Atlas v6.6 for the first time, have updated Java, or experiencing other issues: We strongly reccomend you update to Tooth Atlas version 7. We cannot reccomend the following steps that require the use of 3rd party software, though they have they have been reported to work for some users and you may choose to follow them at your own risk.
1) Update your Mac OS X and Java software: Go to the Apple Menu / Software Update and update your software. Restart computer if prompted. Go to http://www.java.com/ and download / install the latest version of Java 7.
2) Insert your Tooth Atlas disc and run the installer.
3) Download the Tooth Atlas v6.6 patch file http://www.ehuman.com/files/MacFullPatch.zip , unzip the file, right click MacFullPatch and select open to run the patch. Follow the prompts asking for an administrator user name and password.
4) Download Java for Mac OS X 2013 003 http://www.ehuman.com/files/JavaForOSX2013-003.dmg [64MB]
5) Download and install "Pacifist" software. (which allows you to install an older version of Java) http://www.charlessoft.com/
6) Revert to a working version of Java using the Pacifist software:
6a) Run Pacifist from your Applications directory, wait 15 sections and select "Not Yet" to run the software for free. It is ok to select "Don't Install" for the Pacifist QuickLook plug-in dialog box.
6b) Select "Open Package" and select the downloaded JavaForOSX2013-003.dmg file you previously downloaded.
6c) Select "Contents of JavaForOSX.pkg" and press "Install". Keep "Use Administrator Privileges" checked and press "Install" on the dialog pop up.
6d) On the "File already exists" and "Application already exists" pop up dialogs, check "Don't ask again for this installation" and select "Replace".
6e) The installation process with take 5-10 minutes. After installation quit the Pacifist Application.
7) Run the Tooth Atlas Software. Please click Install / Allow / Run on any pop up windows.
8) Mac OS X 10.7 users: Ensure you do not update Java via "Software Update" or you will be required to repeat steps 3-6.
Mac OS X 10.8 users: Open System Preferences / Software Update, and turn off "Automatically check for updates" / Install system data and security files.
We are happy to announce that Tooth Atlas version 7.0 is available now, and is free of the Java platform. Tooth Atlas version 7 provides users with an improved installation experience, refined navigation, as well as new features and content.
9) Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.